Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Healthy and Cheap

My herbs hate cold winter in Vancouver as I do, so I made green houses with cardboard and bubble wrap to keep them warm!  Hopefully I can find a real mini green house for my Veggies next year =) 

Shiso leaves are happy even its snowing outside! Awesome =)

Recently I'm cooking healthy diet recipes for my boyfriend because he is becoming baby piggy!! I recommend you to try this recipe even you are not on diet, because it is healthy and cheap, AND actually taste pretty good! 
Here is Japanese instant soup powder that I use when I'm lazy to make broth. One on the Left is Ramen Soup powder which I use for my healthy noodle recipe. Right one is the Udon soup powder, and I often use for a normal udon cooking. You can find this soup base at T&T, H-mart, Fujiya, Izumiya, or Konbiniya in Vancouver area.

The healthy noodle soup recipe is very simple and easy. Use Ito-Konjac (Konjac noodle) instead of any noodles like udon, ramen, and soba. Japanese Konjac is made by mixing konjac (kind of potato) flour with water and limewater, thus it has only 10 calories per 200g bag, and usually the price is in between $1.50 to $2.50. It is usually sold in plastic bags with accompanying water, and it has 2 colors (picture below).

3 steps recipe for Healthy Konjac Ramen:

Step 1: Boil the Konjac noodle

Step 2: Make Soup base with water, and add noodle.

Step 3: Serve in a bowl, and add toppings just like a Ramen 
(eg. Seaweed, Boiled egg, Naruto, Bamboo shoot etc...) 

This is a Konjac Ramen Recipe, but you can use Konjac noodle to make any kind of healthy noodle such as Konjac Udon, Konjac Korean chapchae, Konjac Pasta!!

This Konjac diet is very famous in Japan! 
Eat more, Save more, and get a slender body =)

No comments:

Post a Comment